Learning Remains The Heart Of Our Core Businesses
Our services are characterised by a high knowledge intensity. Each of our resources have credentials in their area of practice and have several years of experience working with different organisations. They have built an extensive knowledge database. They are skilled, experienced, and knowledgeable besides having a capacity and reputation to deliver the service in an ethical manner.
Professional fees are fixed for specific work usually by day rates and depend on the number and seniority of people engaged.
Vision, Mission & Values
Lead with passion to deliver exceptional value
With SMRT being a Public Listed Corporation, we expanded into the Education sector through Minda Global Berhad. Our initial foray was in the area of English Language Training (ELT). Subsequently we ventured out into Tertiary Education and an International School.
While we have worked around the world, our focus largely remains Asian, specifically Malaysia – South East Asia (ASEAN) and the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) in the Middle East.
And, we remain truly a Learning company with an intense passion to become a Learning conglomerate in the region.
On March 13, 2006 SMRT was listed on the MESDAQ Market (ACE Market) of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad signaling our growth and the formal move into the corporate world.
This was also the period which saw us expanding our services into the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries. We worked with several large organisations such as Abu Dhabi Police, Ministry of Interior, Tamkeen, Bahrain, Qatar Foundation, Orpic, Oman and Petro Rabigh in Saudi Arabia.(APEA)
While we were largely seen as a training led Human Resources solutions provider as a result of our strong domain expertise in Management and Human Resource systems, we were in the early 90’s moving into developing Learning & Competency software as a result of the growing interest in Competency Management. And subsequently we ventured out into consulting solutions. This period also witnessed us creating our own intellectual property that was unique to the Asian management context. In partnership with international partners, we developed formidable processes and solutions to help our customers achieve their productivity and business objectives. These developments gave us the strength to move into the Technology world in 2001 with the formalisation of with our technology companies in the learning area, achieving the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status.
70’s – 80’s
Starting out in late 1978 as a sole proprietorship and subsequently as a partnership, we were formalised as a private limited company in 1989. In the early days we were primarily a corporate training company focusing on Trainer Training and Management Development. It was also during this period that we organised the Trainers Meet Trainers (TMT®) Conference & Expo that became the signature event all over Asia. The event has now grown into the Learning Extravaganza, the Asia HRD Congress™. The Asia HRD Awards Is also organised annually with partners.
• OIC Jewels of the Muslim World Awards
• Education & Training Category by the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards
• Best Brand in Healthcare Education Award by the Brand Laureate SME Best Brands Award
• Gold Winner for the category of Managing Change by Workforce Optimas Awards
• SME Achievers Award, 2014 by SME Malaysia
• Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award, 2011 by Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards (APEA)
• The Merit Award for Export Brand Excellence, 2007 by Malaysian International Trade and Industry Ministry (MITI)
• The Most Promising HR Excellence Award, 2007 by Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM)
• Business Productivity Network, 2007 – Gold Winner for Business Summit
• Golden Bull Award, 2007 by Nanyang Siang Pau
• 17th ranking in Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific Award, 2005 by Deloitte Hong Kong
• 2nd placing in the Enterprise 50 Award, 2005 judged by Deloitte Malaysia
• Golden Bull Award, 2005 by Nanyang Siang Pau
• One of top SMEs in Malaysia Asia Pacific Keris Honesty Award, 2004